Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It is a weekly meme to showcase the books we have bought, borrowed, received for review, or were given as a gift. As well, we will tell you a bit about the past week and what to expect in the upcoming week!
I’m in South Africa! So I’m taking it easy on the book-buying…kinda…
Two books have come for me this week in my absence. The first was ADVENT by James Treadwell, my surprise book from The Willoughby Book Club this month. I also got a book from TBD that I didn’t order…because Jamie did! I’m curious to know what it is…
I may have also indulged in a little Kindle filling. From this month’s Kindle First options, I chose INTERFERENCE by Amélie Antoine, a psychological thriller, so not something I usually read but will try. I also took advantage of my Kindle Unlimited subscription and got a couple of New Adult books: F*THS by G.L. Tomas and THE WALL OF WINNIPEG AND ME by Mariana Zapata.
Finally, I got one ARC from Entangled: DARING THE BAD BOY by Monica Murphy.
Otherwise, a light week for me!
I received for review:
- THE ALCHEMISTS OF LOOM by Elise Kova
- THE SOUND OF DIAMONDS by Rachelle Rea Cobb
- GIRL IN PIECES by Kathleen Glasglow
- THE WITCH’S KISS by Katherine & Elizabeth Corr
- THE WELL OF PRAYERS by Anne Boles Levy
- CRYSTAL CROWNED by Elise Kova
- THE TELLING by Alexandra Sirowy
- HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany, Jack Thorne (two of them)
- THE ROSE SOCIETY by Marie Lu
- TRACKED by Jenny Martin
- ALL WE LEFT BEHIND by Ingrid Sundberg
- STOLEN SONGBIRD by Danielle L. Jensen
- HEMLOCK by Kathleen Peacock
- MY BOOK OF LIFE BY ANGEL by Martine Leavitt
- THE DEATH OF US by Alice Kuipers
- WITCHLANDERS by Lena Coakley
I traded for ARCs of:
- ICE KISSED by Amanda Hocking
- DREAMSTRIDER by Lindsay Smith
- REIGN OF SHADOWS by Sophie Jordan
- THE LEAVING SEASON by Cat Jordan
Last Week’s Top Stories
This week kicked off New Adult August! We started with an interview with KD Proctor. Then we talked about an upcoming NA release we are excited about! We discussed what New Adult means to us! On Saturday, Jamie reviewed HOW TO CATCH A (FALLING) STAR by Gabrielle Aquilina!
Watch For Next Week
We have more New Adult August posts, including more guest posts, discussions, and recommendations! Jamie reviews SMUT by Karina Halle on Saturday!
Books releasing August 9, 2016 include: