New Adult: that awkward middle child between Young Adult and Adult, riddled with angst and sex.
Or so the stereotypes go.
Personally, I think NA is underdeveloped and under-appreciated. That’s why we’re hosting NA August, a month of discussions, guest posts, interviews, reviews and more all about New Adult.
Over here, we’ll be discussing what NA is, what it could be, popular tropes and more. Jamie will also be reviewing three NA books on here, so if you have any recommendations for what she should read, let her know in the comments! I’ll be reviewing NA over on Dani Reviews Things all month, since I read a lot more NA than she does. 😛
There will, of course, be a giveaway or two. 😉
We need your help, though!
We want readers and writers of NA alike to speak up about what NA means to them and why they love the genre, as well as discuss issues pertaining to it. We also, of course, want recommendations, as we want to showcase the best of the best in New Adult.
If New Adult is something you care about, here are ways you could get involved:
- Take part in one of our discussions during the month.
- Write a guest post for us! Talk about your favourite tropes, why you love NA or anything else that strikes your fancy.
- Write a post on your own blog for us to link to or share a snippet of in group posts.
- Read and review NA books.
- Share your NA recommendations with us, both contemporary romances and the lesser known subgenres of NA fantasy, sci-fi and so on.
- Participate in the #NAAugust readathon to see how many books you can read that month!
Readers, sign up here if you want to be involved in some way, and we’ll email you closer to the time to organise! You don’t have to think of exactly what you want to do now, just indicate your interest so we can plan. 🙂
Authors, we love you guys! If you want to write a guest post, be interviewed or contribute to a group post, you can sign up here.
I (Dani) am SUPER PSYCHED about August. I hope you are, too!