Today’s the day, ladies and gentlebugs! Today, EARTH’S END, the third book in Elise Kova’s Air Awakens series, was released into the world. Of course, we had it preordered.
But some of you might not have joined the Tower Guard yet. We’re not going to shame you or judge you (too much). Maybe you didn’t know too much about the series yet. Maybe you were worried it would suffer from sequel syndrome. Maybe you just simply hadn’t got round to it yet. Whatever the reason, we’re here to tell you why you should give this incredible fantasy series a try.
15 reasons to read the series
- It has a complex elemental magic system.
- Vhalla, the main character, starts off as a library apprentice. I mean, who doesn’t like books here? I know I have fantasies of working in libraries…
- The characters make mistakes and are honestly flawed.
- What’s more, those flaws have real consequences for the characters and their relationships.
- NO ONE IS SAFE. You will cry.
- The princes, Aldrik and Baldair, are modelled somewhat in looks on Thor and Loki. Can anyone say GORGEOUS?
- Elise drops little snippets of information and clues everywhere that you don’t realise are important until later on, sometimes even in a later book, making this series perfect for rereading!
- The world is rich, diverse and comes complete with a history.
- THERE IS A MAP. You’ll find it at the start of the second book, Fire Falling.
- The covers will look absolutely fabulous on your bookshelf. Just look at the graphics below!!! (But be careful about reading the summaries in case of spoilers…if you care about spoilers…).
- It has a whole host of fabulous secondary characters (Jax, Larel, Fritz… AND MORE).
- The chemistry keeps building and building and SPARKS off the pages.
- Elise is a pro at character development.
- The plot is intense from beginning to end, filled with lots of action and kickass moments that will make you cheer and grin like an idiot.
- Best part? There’s only a 3 month wait in between books! (Yes! Only 3 months in between publishing, YAY!)
About the series
Air Awakens is a mature Young Adult Fantasy series, centering around Vhalla, a young library apprentice in the capital of the Solaris Empire. A late night incident sets into motion Vhalla’s journey of self-discovery that knocks her out of her simple world into one filled with magic, love, loss and, most importantly, war.
The series looks set to be five books in length, with the final book hopefully out this summer.
About AIR AWAKENS (#1)
A Library Apprentice, a Sorcerer Prince, and an Unbreakable Magic Bond…
The Solaris Empire is one conquest away from uniting the continent, and the rare elemental magic sleeping in seventeen-year-old library apprentice Vhalla Yarl could shift the tides of war.
Vhalla has always been taught to fear the Tower of Sorcerers, a mysterious magic society, and has been happy in her quiet world of books. But after she unknowingly saves the life of one of the most powerful sorcerers of them all—the Crown Prince Aldrik—she finds herself enticed into his world. Now she must decide her future: Embrace her sorcery and leave the life she’s known, or eradicate her magic and remain as she’s always been. And with powerful forces lurking in the shadows, Vhalla’s indecision could cost her more than she ever imagined.
About FIRE FALLING (#2)
Soldier… Sorcerer… Savior… Who is Vhalla Yarl?
Vhalla Yarl marches to war as property of the Solaris Empire. The Emperor counts on her to bring victory, the Senate counts on her death, and the only thing Vhalla can count on is the fight of her life. As she grapples with the ghosts of her past, new challenges in the present threaten to shatter the remnants of her fragile sanity. Will she maintain her humanity? Or will she truly become the Empire’s monster?
About EARTH’S END (#3)
A woman awoken in air, a soldier forged by fire, a weapon risen from blood.
Vhalla Yarl has made it to the warfront in the North. Forged by blood and fire, she has steeled her heart for the final battle of the Solaris Empire’s conquest. The choices before Vhalla are no longer servitude or freedom, they are servitude or death. The stakes have never been higher as the Emperor maintains his iron grip on her fate, holding everything Vhalla still has left to lose in the balance.