Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. It is a weekly meme to showcase the books we have bought, borrowed, received for review, or were given as a gift. As well, we will tell you a bit about the past week and what to expect in the upcoming week!
This has actually been a slow week on the book front for me! I only got one physical book: my preorder of WE ARE THE ANTS by Shaun David Hutchinson. I also bought NOBODY’S GODDESS by Amy McNulty because Jamie told me to! I always do what Jamie says because she knows me better than I know myself sometimes.
As for ARCs, I was approved for NOT IF I SEE YOU FIRST by Eric Lindstrom (pub. December 31st 2015) and FLAWED by Cecilia Ahern (pub. March 24th 2016). Whoop whoop! I also received review copies for some of the blog tours I’m participating in: FACSIMILE by Vicki L. Weavil and EVANESCENT by Gabriella Lapore.
I stacked only a single book this week, THE GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNS by Rae Carson, but I’m expecting more next week!
I’m still officially on a book buying ban for this year, but I splurged and got a paperback copy of VICIOUS by V.E. Schwab before I met her in Michigan for an event. My thinking was, “well, I should have her sign all the books since I’m probably only going to meet her once.” At said event, I also picked up a copy of TIME SALVAGER by Wesley Chu (because same thinking as before). I had a big comic haul where I picked up the first two volumes of CHEW, the fourth volume of SAGA, and two volumes of ATTACK ON TITAN.
I was approved on NetGalley for BURNING MIDNIGHT by Will McIntosh, which releases February 2nd, so I will be reading that this week. I also received the book WYTCHFIRE by Michael Meyerhofer for review from Red Adapt Publishing (thank you!).
Last Week’s Top Stories
Watch For Next Week
Next Saturday is pretty big for us. We’ll be sharing with your our first ever BAMF Review, a joint review by all three of us of CARRY ON by Rainbow Rowell! This, by the way, includes a video…a big move for all three of us. We talked for over three hours, an hour of which was recorded. Dani is now in the process of editing said video down to a more manageable and less blooper/tangent-filled state, which is quite the adventure for her. (No, she is not a video pro, so she may have less hair at the end of next week…)
Books releasing next week include:
- THE MEMORY OF LIGHT by Francisco X. Stork – YA contemporary
- ANY OTHER GIRL by Rebecca Phillips – YA contemporary
- ALL THE BIRDS IN THE SKY by Charlie Jane Anders – Fantasy, which Dani has preordered
- I’M FROM NOWHERE by Suzanne Myers – YA contemporary
- THE LOVE THAT SPLIT THE WORLD by Emily Henry – YA fantasy, which we’re all going to be reading
- ARROWS by Melissa Gorzelanczyk – YA contemporary with a mythology slant
- THE MYSTERY OF HOLLOW PLACES by Rebecca Podos – YA mystery
- IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT by Paul Rudnick – YA contemporary, rumoured to be very hilarious
- SHALLOW GRAVES by Kali Wallace – YA horror, which Dani will not read because she’s a wimp
- THE POSSIBILITY OF NOW by Kim Culbertson – YA contemporary
- THE YEAR WE FELL APART by Emily Martin – YA contemporary
And now…our most exciting news for the next week…
To celebrate our launch, we’re giving TWO lucky winners the chance to win some Truthwitch goodies! (That’s TRUTHWITCH by Susan Dennard, if you’ve been living under a rock and haven’t seen the hype machine in full swing for six months.) The giveaway is open internationally, and the winner will be announced in our next Stacking the Shelves!